Bangarra’s studios are located on the harbour end of Pier 4.
Parking: metered parking is available along Hickson Road for a maximum of 4 hours and cost $4.40 per hour before 6pm and $2.20 per hour between 6pm – 10pm. Paid parking is available at Interpark Bond Store One, 26 Hickson Road (next door to the Sydney Theatre) and at Wilsons Parking Towns Place on the corner of Towns Place and Hickson Road.
Public Transport: Public ferry, train and bus services operate to and from The Rocks and Circular Quay. Bangarra is approximately a 15 minute walk from Circular Quay and Wynyard. As well as buses servicing Circular Quay, Sydney Buses now operate two evening services to Walsh Bay. The 433 Balmain & Glebe Point bus to Millers Point which runs along George Street extends its route down Hickson Road from 6:30pm until 11:30pm daily. Buses run approximately every twenty minutes during these times.
In addition, route 998 operates from 9pm to 4.30am every Friday and Saturday linking Hickson Road with Town Hall Station via Wynyard. Buses run every 30 minutes between these times.
Buses for both services stop on Hickson Road near the bottom of Pottinger Street (inbound), and outside Pier 4/5 (outbound). For more details phone 131 500.
Taxis: Taxis regularly service Hickson Road and can collect and drop off right outside the entrance to Pier 4/5.
Road Closures: George Street and Hickson Road are closed between Alfred Street and Pottinger Street, from 10pm and 3am each Friday and Saturday night.
Getting to Bangarra on foot: From the bus stops, ferry wharves or train station at Circular Quay, it’s just a 15 minute walk to Bangarra. Follow these directions for the quickest route through the historic Rocks area.
- From Circular Quay, head west and then north along George Street, passing the Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Turn left and cut through the pedestrianised area of Argyle Street, continuing up the hill and under the Harbour Bridge overpass.
- Turn right into Lower Fort Street at the Holy Trinity Anglican Church (known as the Garrison Church).
- Cross at the intersection of Windmill Street (by the historic Hero of Waterloo hotel), heading down the cobblestone path opposite, then through the Windmill Street reserve.
- Then simply take the stairs down to Hickson Road, and follow Hickson Road along towards the Harbour Bridge to enter left onto Pier 4/5.